Child and Family Support Centre
Terra’s Child and Family Support Centre (CFSC) is a high-quality childcare facility located at Breamar School.
The CFSC gives the teen moms attending Braemar School peace-of-mind that their children are being well cared for so that they can focus on completing their high school education.
Specializing in infant care, the CFSC cares for children as young as three weeks up to three years of age.
- High quality, individualized care and early learning for all children enrolled in the program.
- On-site cook providing nutritious meals and snacks.
- Hands on parenting information and support.
- Infants (0-18 months) $1128
- Toddler (19 – 36 months) $1046
Assistance is provided to access and maintain the childcare subsidy available through Alberta Children’s Services (based on family income).
Please note: Childcare services offered by the Child and Family Support Centre are only available to the children of students attending Braemar School.
The CFSC has received accreditation through Alberta Association for the Accreditation of Early Learning and Care Services (AELCS). All permanent full-time Early Childhood Educators have the minimum of a two year diploma in early childhood development.
Parenting Support & Resources
Parenting Education provided by Terra is offered individually and in group settings and include topics such as:
- parenting education
- parent/child interaction
- shaken baby syndrome
- baby care
- child development
- principles to guide children’s behaviour
- health and safety instruction
- play and learning experiences
- childcare information
- how to select a quality childcare.
Group parenting programs are offered throughout the year in the evening at Terra and during the day through the Child and Family Support Centre & Education Support Services at Braemar School.
- Nobody’s Perfect parenting program (enhanced)
- Books, Babies & More (Child & Family Support Centre location only)
- Baby Care
- Play Workshops