Career opportunities currently available:
There are no opportunities available at this time. Please see below for our partnership organization opportunities.
What Terra Offers
Terra staff is committed and passionate about their work and helping to create “promising futures” for the young families we serve. As an agency we recognize the hard work our staff do and the impact they have on the community. Maintaining a positive and healthy workplace environment is a priority for Terra. A strong positive workplace is necessary to maintain excellence in service delivery and staff wellness.
Our employees are valued, respected, and recognized for their outstanding work and for their contributions in helping to make Terra one of the best human service providers in our community. We demonstrate appreciation and provide opportunities for personal growth and development.
Agency staff enjoy a flexible and supportive environment that values and recognizes the importance of family. It is important that we accommodate staff to attend to family matters; be it a school field trip or the first day of school.
It is only through the dedication and commitment of our staff that everyday lives are changed and futures become brighter.
- Short and long term disability
- Extended health care
- RRSP employer contribution
- 3 weeks holidays in years 1 through 5; 4 weeks thereafter
- 12 sick days
- Agency hosted annual staff appreciation day
- Agency hosted staff Christmas party
- Ongoing staff celebration and recognition
- Opportunity and funds for professional development
- First Aid, Suicide Prevention and Cultural Awareness training at agency expense
- Years of Service Recognition
- Agency and unit specific team building activities
- Free downtown parking for staff
- Additional paid holiday time between Christmas and New Years
Terra is also a member of the City of Edmonton Corporate Wellness Program which provides employees, (and their immediate family members living in the same household,) discounts on admissions to City operated sports and fitness centres. This includes:
- Annual Pass – receive a 20% discount on Adult and Family Annual Passes.
- Continuous Monthly Pass – a 20% discount off the Continuous Monthly Membership Program
- Multi Admission Pass – a 15% discount on our already discounted multi admission pass (starting at 5 visits)
Terra Code of Honour
The Code of Honour was developed in 2009 after a comprehensive process which included dialogue and the opportunity for all staff to participate in determining the Code of Honour. It was updated in 2012. The Code of Honour reflects how we work together, what we hold each other accountable for and our values as a staff team.
- We believe in respecting our diversity and celebrating it. Our differences can come together positively to strengthen our team as a whole.
- We believe that each of us can choose our own attitude. By being positive and respectful we can create a healthy work environment and set a good example for our clients.
- We believe in being supportive to each other. Terra is a team and a team member in need should always be supported and never left behind.
- We believe in supporting the communities we serve. In working collaboratively with other agencies, we can open ourselves up to new opportunities for programs, partnerships and possibilities to help our clients.
- We believe in dealing with issues as they arise. Bringing forth conflicts in an open, honest and courteous manner will allow us to address them in a non-confrontational way so we can continue working towards the success of our organization.
- We believe in being accountable. By taking responsibility for our mistakes and supporting colleagues through theirs, we can learn from them, move past them, and be successful.
- We believe in our mission. We can better serve our clients by always being aware of our purpose in everything we do.
- We believe in celebrating successes and taking time to have fun! By committing to positivity in the workplace, we all can further enjoy the work we do.
- We believe in making our personal lives and organization an example of what we teach. We should love and respect others just as we should love and respect ourselves.